Love goes out to Ben, James, Felice, Jay, Michael, Jesse, Glen, Kirsty and Georgia, and all the support workers who made it happen. And to the Community Living Association and WWILD-SVP who also share the love. Yay us!
TONY STALEY AWARD Tony Staley was instrumental in the development of the community broadcasting sector. The winner of the Tony Staley Award is a community broadcasting organisation or initiative that actively promotes the values of community broadcasting in the areas of democracy, diversity, access and independence.
Each entry for this award will be judged on the following criteria:
1. The organisation or initiative works within the guiding principles of community broadcasting, including pursuing democracy, diversity, development of local arts and music, accessibility, community involvement and independence.
2. The station or initiative has a clear vision and strategy.
3. Management uses best governance practices to contribute to the station or project’s sustainability.
4. The station provides compelling and creative content that serves its community of interest.
5. The station’s activities have clear benefits for the community and the community broadcasting sector as a whole.
6. The station demonstrates a considered approach to its technical and online operations
In other news:
- New Zed Digital program in development with CLA self-advocates. https://abilityradioproject.wordpress.com/2015/10/20/zed-digital-project-giving-voice-to-self-advocates-with-id/
- Deafness and social inclusion interview https://abilityradioproject.wordpress.com/2015/11/01/deafness-and-social-inclusion/
- Due to difficulties getting numbers to our latest group (possibly because Mondays are hard for everyone!), group is in hiatus while we strategise for a new-year group and organise the Zed Digital project with the CLA group
- If you haven’t listened to our Voiceability series, you can download it here: https://soundcloud.com/abilityradioproject/sets/voiceability
Thanks for your ongoing support!
- Check out all the other great winners at the 2015 CBAA Awards here: https://www.cbaa.org.au/article/national-community-radio-awards-winners-announced