Why are you here?
- “I got some experience I’d like to help everybody to have a voice. “
- “Beach boys, beach boys, beach boys”
- “Excited to hear what people want to share” (SW)
- “Want to see how radio is made” (SW)
- “Interested in seeing how it is going to work out” (SW)
- “It’s the first time I’ve had the chance to work in radio”
- “I love music”
- “I’m hoping to make friends, have fun and play music”
- “Do something new”
- “It’s about including marginalised people” (SW)
- “I’d like (participant) to use his radio voice” (SW)
What’s different about community radio?
- “Commercial radio is scripted –they tell you what to play and when…It’s different at 4ZZZ…you can ring up and say ‘play this’”
- “I believe in being different, not being put in a box” (to which someone responded: “You’re on fire!”)
- “Democracy is when you have a voice to express your opinion”
What do you want to talk about?
- “I want to interview someone with a mental illness, who’s had a bad time, to hear about their experiences”
- “I want to hear about different music types” (SW)
- “Beach boys!”
- “I want to support people to share” (SW)
- “I want to advertise or mention the organisations I know about, like CLP and WWILD”
- “Music and interviews”